Sunday, November 19, 2006

"I'm not certain of the answer to this question, let me think for a second". It was the first day of the MRCP course & it was one of the rare moments when our esteemed and knowledgeable lecturer was caught out.The silence was broken by a member of the audience, "I can tell you the answer!". Mr Egghead in the front row who proceeded to enlighten us in his thick Indian accent.

The rest of us stared open-mouthed in amazement. As Mr Egghead & our lecturer started a discourse which most of us couldn't follow, it was a very somber moment for the rest of the audience who hadn't done enough revision. Our exam was only 3 weeks away!

We had a mock test, at least I scored above average! The depressing thing was when I walked out after we finished at 7pm, I saw so many young people outside dressed nicely in their best night out clothes. I had forgotten it was a Saturday night. It was time to go home & drown my sorrows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mr Egghead in the front row who proceeded to enlighten us in his thick Indian accent."

if you meant "thick" as in stupid, i do have to say that i am extremely worried since i wud expect you to be atleast slighlty more mature and diplomatic about wat u say especially on a public website. it is absolutely offensive and u shud be ashamed of urself

altho if u did not mean "thick" as in stupid i very sincerely apologise for my misunderstanding.

Dan said...

I hope there is no misunderstanding here & my apologies if anyone was offended. "Thick" refers to his accent being very strong. I was trying to be descriptive, not racist.

P.S. I do admire these Asian candidates who actually know loads for the exam & still fly all the way to the UK for a revision course. Their theoretical knowledge often puts us British doctors to shame.