Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Always on the move.

Its coming to the time of the year when we have to change jobs again. I've moved to so many different places I forget where home is sometimes. I feel like a travelling salesman at times! When I fill in my CRB (criminal records bureau) application, they ask for address of ALL the places I have lived in the last 5 years. My heart sinks, I'll need a few extra sheets of paper please!

Why do we get moved around so much? Is it a perverse wish of the NHS to keep us confused & disorientated. That way, we won't get to know a particular hospital & its staff too well. We'll then remain strangers to the other staff there.

We'll constantly wander around the hospital corridors lost for the first month or so and just when we've made friends & become familiar with the place, we move on. :( I've made so many friends, doctors & nurses alike, & although you try to keep in touch, its not so easy once you've left.

This must be some conspiracy to keep the professional moving companies in business! But in all seriousness, this causes some real problems for us. Having no fixed area of work makes it difficult for us to settle down and get a home. Nobody wants to pay rent forever and move from one cardboard box to another!

Zidane Headbut!

What a butt-head! Watch the video-clip.

Spent all evening yesterday with a group of screaming Italians & French guys watching the final yesterday. I've got a few decibels of hearing loss after the two sides tried outdoing each other in a shouting match! All the same, great final! Congrats to the Italians. I-ta-lia! I-ta-lia!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»