Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Nightmare of "Nights"
Saturday, my first day off after 12 days working in a row. In the last 7 days, I have worked a total of 84 hours, and the European Working Time Directive feels like a work of fiction. After a week of being in the the "twilight zone", being neither awake or asleep, it feels like life has returned into this aching body. But the "nights" still has its grip on me, for I remain restless at night & listless during the day.

Today, I've bought a new pair of comfy
work shoes. After a week of nights, my feet ache more than any part of my body. It feels like I've climbed Mt Everest & back! To the amusement of shoppers, I stomp around the shop, jump on the spot and bound up and down the stairs to see if my new shoes will stand up to the rigors of my consultant's lightning ward round. Me thinks this pair will be worn out in a few months!

Feature of the day




Behold! A "wrist-worn" computer by Seiko in 1984. Good thing times have moved on! LOL!
Read more here.

No comments: