Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Perfect for Care of the Elderly!

Dr Nick has moved to a new Hospital & new job.
I'm now a Care Of The Elderly SHO in London!

To commemerate this move, I've bought myself a "Racing Granny"!! Just wind them up & watch them race across the floor! If only the poor dears on my ward could move so fast! It certainly has given the ward staff the chuckles!

The first few days in Care Of the Elderly have been spent on long, "ALL-DAY" ward rounds. It was difficult at first but I've realised that a geriatric ward round is more of a marathon than a sprint. I sneak off regularly for a short, frequent tea breaks while my consultant gives us his long-winded tales of his medical brilliance!

Note to myself: I'd better not let my consultant catch sight of this toy!

3 comments:

The Alternative Columnist said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Haha, so true! I admit, I too sneak off for a snack or two when no ones looking - but Im a volunteer, I don't get paid, so no-one cares. ;)

Anonymous said...

Is it politically correct to use ther term "Racing Granny" and"old dears"? I dont think so.

I think its quite a derogitory statement to older people.